What is it?
Homophobic, Biphobic and Transphobic bullying is when "people behave or speak in a way which makes someone feel bullied because of their actual or perceived sexuality and/or gender identity. People may be a target of this type of bullying because of their appearance, behaviour, physical traits or because they have friends or family who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, or questioning..." BullyingUK
What you can do if you are experiencing bullying at school because of your sexuality or gender identity.
- The best thing you can do is tell someone
- Schools have a legal duty of care to every pupil
- Make sure you ask them to respect your confidentiality
- You don't have to tell them about your gender and/or sexuality.
- Contact a local LGBTU organisation
- Remember that bullying isn't a part of growing up as LGBTU!
Who can I contact?